Monday, November 28, 2011

Post First Day


On Saturday I spent the morning finding the shops. Google Maps to the rescue! There is a fairly large outdoor shopping centre that isn't a ridiculously long distance to walk but it isn't short walk either. They is a slightly smaller (more expensive and more organic) supermarket about half way so I suspect I will likely use that a bit as well.

Not much happened on Sunday as it was raining. So I just stayed in, watched TV (including online) and did a bit of programming. Didn't get much sleep Sunday night. No idea why, my body just decided it didn't want to go to sleep. Got to sleep at around 12am from exhaustion and only slept to 4am and didn't get back to sleep.

New Employee Orientation was for the most part boring. I had to walk there but it didn't take too long, slightly shorter than getting to the shopping centre. The first hour was all the administrative stuff. A few small forms, getting your picture taking etc. It takes a while because of the number of people needing to do it. Then the rest of the day was spent listening to talks (and having breaks). Yay! However it is now done and now I have my Microsoft employee badge. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment