Friday, November 25, 2011

Waiting for connecting flight to Seattle


So the head-ache turned into a splitting headache and prevented me from sleeping for a long time. Fortunately due to my my body clock eventually kicking in and pure exhaustion I finally got some sleep, though I believe it was only 1-2 hours. Then came breakfast and I also decided to watch Red Dog. Not the greatest film in the world but not completely boring. Didn't get to finish it due to the plane beginning to land.

Moving on, I hereby hate American airports. First I didn't realise I needed to retrieve and fill out a particular form before going through border protection. So I stood in the same line twice. Getting out of the international terminal was easy enough from then on including re-checking in my baggage. But then boom, I end up outside the terminal on American soil with no easy signs pointing in the right direction. For example, the fact that departures are a level up. Anyway I ended up walking around for ages going the wrong direction multiple times. Eventually, with a little help, I ended up at the correct terminal and at the back of a really long line.

Americans seem to be completely obsessed with airport security, even on domestic flights. Everyone in the line has to strip down to one layer of clothes. This includes taking off your shoes and removing everything from ones clothing. Then you get a choice between an x-ray or a pat down. X-ray is faster so I choose that. This obviously takes a while. Oh and no liquids period, not that I had any anyway. At-least the security people were friendlier here then at border protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment